Small Space Design
Small spaces can be the bane of any small home owner's life. But they can also be a blessing in design disguise. Awkward, small spaces are often a catalyst for change, forcing you to a) clear the clutter and b) come up with clever design ideas you may never have thought of otherwise. From small living rooms to small bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and kids' rooms, get inspired by these top tips and design ideas for tiny, small spaces.
7 Genius Ways to Design a Small Space
With a little ingenuity, your tight corners and tiny rooms can be totally functional
Instant Coffee Bar
Elevate your morning toast-and-tea ritual with a window seat. Breakfast bar can serve as a coffee bar too.
Tucked Away Guest Room
What do you do with a odd small room? Install a daybed that doubles as guest sleeping space and a reading nook.
Clever Work Space
Why yes, you do have a home office. It's right here in this flat working surface with stool.
If you only have room for the teeniest couch, this elegant, lady-like settee makes it look like you wouldn't have had it any other way.
- Ten Smart Design Ideas for Small Spaces – This is a HGTV article that gives ideas for decorating small spaces. Examples of decorating ideas include the use of curtains, utilizing small corners and nooks, and creating multi-purposes spaces with shelving.
- Choosing furniture for small spaces – Don't worry: You're not stuck with dollhouse furniture simply because you have small rooms. When choosing furniture for small spaces, just pick pieces that work harder and look smarter, following these tricks.
- Decorating Your College Dorm Room – Clicking on this link will give you 26 Cheap And Easy Ways To Have The Best Dorm Room Ever.
- Color for Small Spaces – This is a BHG article in slide-show format that features solutions for small spaces. This link opens up a page regarding the use of darker colors in small spaces.
- Innovative Designs for Small Spaces – This is a video from Fox News that discusses how viewers can decorate studio apartment. The video reviews color, furniture and accents.
- Statement Pieces – This is an article is entitled "Five Tips for Designing Small Spaces" and it appears on the website for House Beautiful magazine. The link opens up to the page on statement pieces which discusses using larger furniture in the bedroom.
- How to Make a Small Space look Bigger – This is an article that appears on the website for The Nest magazine. Clicking on the link opens up a slide-show that gives storage and other ideas to help make small spaces seem larger. Ideas include hidden storage in furniture, the addition of mirrors and paint.